Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All the Single Ladies...(All the Single Ladies)

As much as a fan as I am of Beyonce, I'm not sure that she thought through the whole 'Single Ladies' song all that well.  Ok, maybe I'm a bit jaded after almost 13 years of marriage...but after watching The Bachelor last night, I'm thinking "no wonder he didn't put a ring on it."

I haven't really watched the Bachelor since Trista chose Ryan over Charlie and instead have slummed it slightly with The Bachelor's less classy cousin "Rock of Love."   The thing about Rock of Love is that from the beginning you know what to expect...lots of fake blonde hair (and other...stuff), lots of trash talk, lots of booze, and some tattoos and pole dances thrown in for fun.  So you can imagine my surprise when within the first 5 minutes of meeting this season's "good guy" bachelor, one of the contestants says, "you can land your plane on my landing strip anytime."  Ummm...anyone else a little uncomfortable?

Even better than that was the woman who brought the bachelor a sweet little airplane...that was a treasured toy of her son's...who just happens to want to be a pilot...and who apparently can't wait for him to come home with his mom to be his new daddy...yes, she said that...I think she's also the same girl that dressed up as a flight attendant...but it could have been someone else.

But really, the highlight of the night for me was when the girl told the Bachelor to lay on the floor (which he did) and put his legs up (which he did) and then proceeded to put her belly on his feet and play airplane...yes, the game you play with your toddler.  I'm not sure what was more disturbing, the fact that she suggested airplane or the fact that the bachelor went along with it. Food for thought...if you have to play airplane with your potential boyfriend in order to attract him, you're possibly not ready for a serious relationship...but that's just me and my jaded point of view. 

The good news is, if for some reason The Bachelor doesn't work out for these girls, I'm sure Rock of Love will eventually have another season in which they can land their airplane wherever they would like on Brett Michaels...and if that doesn't pan out, there's another new option...Conveyor Belt of Love...because every woman wants their future husband to slide past them like this week's groceries.  In the end, I must say that the one thing reality dating T.V. has done for me is made me grateful for my marriage...the one place where I don't have to try to win my husband's love by playing airplane...or dressing up like a flight attendant...unless I want to...hmmm...

With lots of love from a bachelor-scarred Florida Chick.

No comments: