Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Florida Chick in Love

Well, it's official - 10 years ago today I was a stressed out bag of nerves getting ready for my rehearsal dinner and wondering if I was really ready to spend the rest of my life with one person. I'm not sure whether or not I was really ready, but here we are, three cities, two kids and a whole lot of craziness later.

Most of you know that I'm always up for a celebration, and since I'm not able to throw an anniversary sleepover (my personal choice for celebrating anything!) I thought I'd just let you in on all that has changed (and all that really hasn't) in the past 10 years.

1. Then: I was coaching gymnastics and taking classes at Grand Valley State. Now: I am coaching gymnastics and studying for a State Certification Exam at Broward Community College.

2. Then: We lived with 2 dogs and 2 cats with the names Alex, Haley, Katie & Tommy. Now: We live with a mixture of kids and animals with the names Alex, Haley, Kaitlyn & Tommy. (Carson seems to be the only child not named after a pet - sorry kids!)

3. Then: We lived in my parent's house while they were in Europe and rented out ours. Now: We live in my parent's house and are looking for renters for ours.

4. Then: We laughed a lot, cried a lot and loved to make up. Now: I laughed this morning, cried yesterday afternoon, and am definitely looking forward to making up tonight.

A lot of things have stayed the same but the best thing about growing older together is that every year gets better than the one before. I have a husband who buys the worst gifts imaginable, holds his spoon like a caveman, and forgets to balance the checkbook - but the one thing I know for sure is that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else but in his arms. Tomorrow, I'm celebrating 10 years with him, and the truth is, I can't wait to celebrate 10 more! Happy Anniversary to me! (And for all of you Michiganders - I'll hold a celebration sleepover when I get home - yay!)

Lots of Love from a somewhat mushy Florida Chick!

No comments: