Monday, December 29, 2008

Florida Chick Looks Back

2008 has definitely been a year filled with ups and downs. As it comes to a close, I thought I'd take a minute to share a couple of my favorite moments:

1. The Hannah Montana concert. I have to admit, it was incredibly fun to sing "GNO" at the top of my lungs, even if I was the only person over the age of 30 who knew all of the words.

2. The anniversary weekend spent in a Villa in Fort Lauderdale, which Chris won at the annual school auction by blocking the bidding sheet from view both by holding mindless conversations with other parents who might possibly outbid us, and by loudly declaring, "this looks like a crappy hotel, who would actually want to stay here for a weekend!" A technique that we will be employing once again this year.

3. Snorkling with my Michigan girlfriends in Key Largo. A trip that was supposed to take us 30 minutes, but which in actuality took us 3 hours and 30 minutes including an unplanned tour of Miami International Airport's arrival and departure gates. Seriously, someone needs to put better signs on the Turnpike.

4. Taking 2nd place at our very first cheerleading competition. This was another trip that took 3 hours longer than planned, and which included a viewing of the space shuttle launch, a dark and dusty road straight out of a horror movie, and a free breakfast - really, what more can you ask for.

5. Having "the talk" with Kaitlyn. It included an enormous amount of giggling (on her part), and groaning (on my part), as well as some well thought out answers to questions that might scar her forever. Nevertheless, a favorite moment for sure.

6. Michael Phelps.

In the end, amidst economics, and politics, spiraling home values, and unforseen losses, it's been a wonderful year just because I've been able to share it with my friends and family...because I've been able to spend it with you.

Blessings on a great 2009, and lots of love from the Florida Chick

No comments: